Tuesdays with Morrie


 "I was thinking about a dream I had last week, where I was crossing a bridge into something unknown. Being ready to move on to whatever is next."

But you didn't.
Morrie waited for a moment. He shook his head slightly. "No, I didn't. But I felt that I could. Do you understand?"

"That's we're all looking for. A certain peace with the idea of dying. If we know, in the end, that we can ultimately have that peace with dying, then we can finally do the really hard thing." 
Which is?
"Make peace with living."(p. 173)

This book is a real story of a student and a teacher. The author is the student and tells the story as a narrator. He hadn't contacted the teacher since he graduated from college, but he saw the professor on television and learned he was ill. The author goes to see Dr. Morley. Since then, the last class of the professor's life takes place once a week in Morrie's house on Tuesday. There are 14 lessons in total. The author will learn from Morley about money, love, family, emotions, death, and more. In the end, even though the teacher dies and becomes unseeable, the author ends up feeling Morrie close to him based on the messages that Morrie left. 
"Tell you what. After I'm dead, you talk. And I 'll listen."(p. 170)

The book and Morrie’s words inspired me. It taught me many lessons on life, love, forgiveness, etc. I like to read books or watch movies based on real story but this book is one of my favorite books I've ever read.
 One of the greatest lessons it taught me was how to forgive. Toward the end of the book, Morrie says “It’s not just other people we need to forgive, Mitch. We also need to forgive ourselves.” (p. 166 )He goes on to say “For all the things we didn’t do. All the things we should have done. You can’t get stuck on the regrets of what should have happened.”(p. 166 ) He got me to realize again that letting regrets go is important. Even though we are stuck on it, we can't change the fact. 


Mitch. M. (1997 ). Tuesdays with Morrie. NY, Broadway Books.
Amazon | Tuesdays with Morrie: An Old Man, a Young Man, and Life's Greatest  Lesson, 20th Anniversary Edition | Albom, Mitch | Friendship





コメント

人気の投稿