French Learning Journal 3

 Oct. 9

In today's lesson, I had 2 things which made me confused. 

There were two ways to say "You are eating": "Tu manges" and "Vous mangez". 

The other confusing point was the distinction of "un" and "une" which are used as an article like "a" or "an" in English. Although in English, you just look at the first letter of the noun following the article, it seems like French is different from the English rule.

Let me share what I learned.

First,"tu" is used for someone who you are close with like friends and family. "vous" is used when you want to talk about multiple people or someone you do not know, and "vous" is more polite!

Second, in French, you choose from "un" and "une" depending on whether the noun is masculine or feminine. This distinction of masculine or feminine applies to some article rules.

Hummm... I learned a lot today, but it seems like I need to learn the distinction between masculine words and feminine words apparently...

11 DuoLingo Phrases that No French Person Has Ever Used - Frenchly

コメント

人気の投稿