The monkey's pow

"Outside, the night is cold and wet.Inside, the White family sits and waits".(p.1)     There wasn't any visitor.  the other day, there is a knock at the door. A man is standing outside in the dark.Their visitor has arrived.The visitor waits.He has been in India for many years.What he has got?He has brought the hand of a small, dead animal - a monkey's paw.Outside, in the park, the visitor smiles and for the door to open.
    I didn't expect this book is horror. So I was scary more than usually. And the Indian things make this story scary and mysterious. By the way, I wonder why Japanese people want to see horror in summer to cool down. I've never thought it is cooler than before I watch horror. I think people will not think about the temperature because of the terrifying and scary feelings.
W. Jacobs.(1989). The monkey's pow. Oxford.

ソース画像を表示

コメント

  1. pow
    paw

    the dark.Their visitor
    the dark. Their visitor

    W. Jacobs.(1989). The monkey's pow. Oxford.
    Jacobs, W. W. (1989). The monkey's paw. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press.

    返信削除

コメントを投稿

人気の投稿